The Great Hostel Give Back
Hostelling International USA invites you and your friends to experience the world of hostelling while giving back to the local communities you are visiting. Throughout January and February, 2013, in conjunction with MLK Day and the 40 Days of Peace, groups of 10 or more who commit to serving the community during their trip can stay for free, in dormitory-style rooms, at participating HI-USA hostels.
How It Works
Groups who want to join The Great Hostel Give Back should:
- Commit to at least 2 hours of service in the local community during their trip for each night they plan to stay at the hostel for free.
- Commit to hosting an activity at the hostel to benefit other guests, such as a community meal or a presentation about their service experience.
- Commit to sharing their experiences at the hostel and in the community with HI-USA after their stay.
- Have at least 10 members.
- Complete the on-line application form below.
Where You Can Stay
Join The Great Hostel Give Back at:
- HI-Los Angeles Santa Monica
- HI-Lucas Malabar Farm
- HI-New York
- HI-Philadelphia-Chamounix Mansion
- HI-Portland Northwest
- HI-San Diego Downtown
- HI-San Francisco City Center
- HI-Santa Cruz
- HI-Washington DC
The Fine Print
Eligibility is based on:
- Availability at the hostel(s) of choice during the time selected.
- The match between community service site needs and the group’s interests, availability and size.
- A maximum stay of 5 nights.
- Groups who have already booked a paid stay at an HI-USA hostel during the months of January and February, 2013, are not eligible.
- Priority given to groups staying with Hostelling International USA for the first time.
For more information
Contact Amanda Dwyer, National Sales Manager, at .