Discover the sustainable side to every destination while having fun with friends and strangers – and winning prizes! HI USA believes the only way to travel is responsibly, and that best travel experiences connect us to the local community and each other.
Throughout 2017, HI USA is rolling out 5, 4-week scavenger hunts, inspired by the UN World Tourism Organization’s
The 3 contestants with the highest score will win the following prizes for Game 2 In the event of a tie, the person who finished first will be named the winner. Prizes sponsored by Lonely Planet™
How to Play
- Download the free GooseChase app from the app store. [iPhone OR Android]
- Create a login for yourself using your Facebook account or email. Search for the game, “Pack Your Impact” and click on it. It’s recommended that each person creates a login, because only one prize will be awarded per entry.
- Once in the game, you'll see a variety missions to accomplish by submitting a video, photo, or text response. To complete one, select it from the list and hit the "Snap Evidence" button. In order to earn the points, it must be clear you have completed the mission.
- While points are automatically awarded upon submission, they may be removed without warning upon review, so make sure the photos are awesome and accurate. And pay attention to Bonus points!
- You can join the game at any time during the designated period. Points reset for each game, and you can join 1 game or all 5!
Leaderboard: Keep track of how you are doing against other participants
Live feed: Check out what other players having been up to
Missions: You don’t have to complete all the tasks, but the more you complete the better your chance to win
Take missions literally. (e.g. “take a picture with a zebra” means go to the zoo and take a picture with a zebra, not take a picture next to a zebra on a computer screen)
No matter how it looks on the rankings at any given point, all photos will be reviewed to ensure the winner is really a winner. Bonus points may be added… or taken away!
Learn more about HI USA’s commitment to sustainable travel through our Pack Your Impact initiative at www.hiusa.org/impact.
Game 1: Honor Your Hosts and Common Heritage
May 15 – June 19
Game 2: Protect Our Planet
June 26 – July 31
Game 3: Support the Local Economy
August 7 – September 11
Game 4: Be an Informed Traveler
September 18 – October 23
Game 5: Be a Respectful Traveler
October 30 – December 4