TRAVEL EXPO SELFIE SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO U.S. RESIDENTS WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS OLDER). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND AMERICAN YOUTH HOSTELS, INC. d/b/a HOSTELLING INTERNATIONAL USA (HI USA), Busabout Operations Limited, and Tortuga Backpacks LLC (“SPONSORS”) RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsors in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of the Sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one entry per Instagram account.
2. Disclaimer. All participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsors or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes starts at 9:00 AM (all times Pacific Time) on May 11, 2019 and ends at 4:00 PM on the same date. All entries must be received before or during the Sweepstakes Period.
One Tortuga Set Out Backpack valued at $199
Two Busabout Hop On Hop Off West Coast bus passes, valued at $1,118
One Tortuga Set Out Backpack, Two Busabout Hop On Hop Off West Coast bus basses, and two nights for two guests in a dorm room at the HI USA hostel of winner’s choice, up to $300 in value. Total prize value of up to $1,599 (depending on value of HI USA hostels selected)
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries during the Promotional Period. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Prizes not claimed on May 11, 2019 will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Limit one Prize per entrant. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries posted on Instagram will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, you must,
Take a photo of yourself using props provided by HI USA at the Travel Expo; and
Include a caption using the format “#Thisistheyearigo to” followed by the name of the HI USA destination of your choice, ie “#Thisistheyearigoto New Orleans”
“Tag” all threeSponsors using @HIUSA, @BusaboutOfficial, and @TortugaBackpacks and post your selfie on Instagram.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsors (in Sponsors’ sole discretion).
8. Sweepstakes Rules. The odds of winning a prize will be determined by the number of entries, as described in Section 5. The winning Sweepstakes entries will be drawn by random as soon after 4:00 P.M. on May 11, 2019 as possible. Winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message as soon as possible after drawing is held. Winners will have 24 hours after Direct Message is sent to reply to HI USA claiming their prize. If winner does not reply within 24 hours to claim their prize, HI USA will draw another winner at random to receive that prize. Each subsequent winner drawn will have 24 hours to claim their prize, and so on until all prizes are claimed.
9. General Release. By entering the Sweepstakes, you release the Sponsors, Instagram, LLC, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, guests, attorneys and volunteers from any and all liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
10. Non-Infringing Entry Materials. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) you have the right to grant the rights granted herein (including without limitation in Section 11 below) or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your Selfie in connection with the Sweepstakes and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; and (b) your Selfie and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
11. License to Selfies. By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting your Selfie (and any text or caption included therewith), you hereby grant to Sponsors a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Selfie (and any text or caption included therewith), or any portion thereof, in connection with the Sweepstakes and for other entertainment, instruction/education, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Selfies (and any text or caption included therewith), in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsors will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Selfie (or any text or caption included therewith) you submit or to return any such Selfie (or any text or caption included therewith) or Sweepstakes entry materials to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You also agree to take, at Sponsors’ expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits, licenses, and other documents (which may include obtaining acceptable releases from individuals appearing or named in your Selfie (or any text or caption included therewith) reasonably requested by a Sponsor or Sponsors to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsors’ rights set forth above in this paragraph and/or in Section 12. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by any Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Selfie (or any text or caption included therewith).
12. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, hometown, likeness, persona, and/or prize information, without limitation, including in a public facing winner list, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
13. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may (in Sponsors sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to Sponsors a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by any Sponsor in its sole discretion.
14. Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 11, 2019, and before November 11, 2019 to Jessica Quandt Travel Expo Selfie Sweepstakes or send an email to email@example.com. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit hiusa.org/contest or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsors at the address listed below, Attn: Jessica Quandt Travel Expo Selfie Sweepstakes Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
15. Governing Law; Arbitration. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES INDIVIDUALLY AND PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or related to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules and the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be determined by arbitration. The state or federal courts in Montgomery County, Maryland, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit not subject to arbitration. Each party will (a) notify each other of any dispute within 30 days of when it arises and (b) attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration. Arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association pursuant to its Commercial Law Arbitration Rules and Procedures, and conducted by a single arbitrator in Montgomery County, Maryland, unless the arbitrator determines differently. Except as expressly provided herein, the arbitrator has the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court. The sweepstakes and these Official Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. Whether the dispute is heard in arbitration or in court, neither party will commence against the other a class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
16. Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in their sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsors otherwise become (as determined in their sole discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. In the event the Sponsors suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes for any of these reasons, Sponsors may award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation or suspension. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsors, the Sweepstakes or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsors sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: Jessica Quandt Travel Expo Selfie Sweepstakes.
17. No Facebook Instagram. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, LLC. You understand that by participating, you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Instagram, LLC. You understand that by using and interacting with www.instagram.com you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of www.instagram.com. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for www.instagram.com. including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with Instagram, or the Sweepstakes.
HI USA, 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 600, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Busabout Operations Limited, Travel House, Rue Du Manoir, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2JH, Channel Islands
Tortuga Backpacks LLC, 340 S. Lemon Ave., #7616 Walnut, CA, 91789, United States
This sweepstakes is not affiliated with nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Instagram. All communication should go through HI USA, not through other sponsors.