HI USA Community Hostelling Fund Scholarship Committee Members will provide oversight for and manage the HI USA travel scholarship program in the following counties: Orange, Santa Barbara, San Bernardino, Ventura, Los Angeles, Imperial, Riverside, and San Diego. Committee members will be collectively tasked with developing their local program with the support of HI USA staff and resources. Committee members must also reside within the local scholarship area.
Over the next few months the committee will award HI USA Explore the World Travel Scholarships to local youth (ages 18-30). This scholarship will award $2000 to fund international travel with an education and/or service component.
We are seeking committee members with the following skills:
- Belief in the HI USA Mission - to help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling
- Connections to the local community, including universities, colleges and organizations that serve the 18-30 age range
- Marketing and social media experience
As a committee member, you will:
- Participate as an active member of the committee, including regular attendance at monthly meetings and assisting with committee responsibilities
- Work with HI USA staff member(s) to plan and implement the program
- Assist in marketing the travel scholarship program in local community
- Participate in the selection of local travel scholarship recipients (including reading and evaluating applications, applicant interviews)
If selected, new committee members will need to complete the HI USA Volunteer Application and Orientation.
Committee members serve for a one-year term and may reapply for committee approval for up to two additional terms.
Time Commitment: In general, approximately 5 hours per month. Will require more time during the initial launch of a Community Hostelling Fund.
Interested? Please complete the Committee Member Application