Concert and festival season is in full swing here in Chicago and we are pumped! With Lollapalooza, Adele, Phish, Drake, Pitbull, Pearl Jam, Luke Bryan, Billy Joel, Sublime, and many others coming to town, there’s something for everyone. Here at the HI Chicago hostel we love this time of year because we get to meet music fans from all around the world and reunite with friends who come back and stay with us year after year. If this is your first time coming to Chicago for a concert and you’re not sure if HI Chicago is right for you, look no further. Here are the top 5 reasons to stay at HI Chicago for your summer concert adventure:
1. Location! Location! Location! - Skip the Uber surge pricing and get to your venue without spending a fortune. Located in the city’s famous Loop neighborhood, the HI Chicago hostel is an easy walk to two major venues and close to transit stops for two others. You can spend that dough you’ll save on some sweet merch at the show. Ask for specific directions at our information desk located on the second floor.
- Soldier Field - 25 minute walk
- FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island - 31 minute walk
- United Center - 15 minute bus ride
- Wrigley Field - 20 minutes on the Red Line
Tip: Take one of HI Chicago’s walking tours when you arrive and impress your friends with your knowledge of the city and amazing sense of direction.
2. Fellow Fans Become Fast Friends - When the concert is over, but you’re not quite ready to call it a night, hanging out in our second floor common area is a great way to connect with other concert goers and travelers from around the world. Play some pool or ping pong, make a late night snack, or just hang out and talk about the amazing concert pyrotechnics. You know there will be pyrotechnics. There’s always pyrotechnics. Who doesn’t love pyrotechnics?
3. Free Breakfast - After a late night singing at the top of your lungs you may be in the mood for a lazy, relaxing morning. Lucky for you, HI Chicago offers free breakfast for all guests until 10:00 a.m.. There’s nothing like a pile of carbs and endless coffee to help you recover from a big night out.
4. Free Wi-Fi - You’ll probably take a ton of pictures and videos to make all your friends jealous, so hop on to HI Chicago’s FREE Wi-Fi and start posting. That’s right, it’s totally FREE. Don’t forget to like, follow, and tag HI Chicago on Facebook and Instagram while you’re at it!
5. Get To Know Chicago - You may be making a special trip to see your favorite band or go to a festival, but there’s so much to see in Chicago. Extend your stay for a few days and take advantage of our daily tours, activities, and events. Check out our calendar to see what’s going on during your stay. Our awesome staff can tell you where to get the best hot dogs or help you score discounted tickets to a Second City improv show or one of the many other Chicago attractions you won’t want to miss.