Programs at HI Baltimore
Activities & Events
When you stay at HI Baltimore, we’ll help you discover why locals call it Charm City. Sure, we’ll help you check out the Inner Harbor and Fells Point, but we’ll also share our favorite haunts and hot spots so you can experience the city beyond the guidebooks. Whether you’re traveling solo or with friends, our tours and events are a great way to meet other travelers from different places and cultures.
For a detailed schedule, visit our Calendar page.
Community Expressions is a standards-based, experiential learning program that gives students the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of their community and cultural identity and consider how to make a positive impact in their neighborhood and the world at large. Participants create an original painting, dance, recitation or other artistic interpretation of their neighborhood and then prepare a meal and present their work to guests at HI Baltimore.
- Aligns with Common Core Standards
- Aligns with AACU VALUE Rubrics
- Achieves measurable outcomes in the areas of intercultural communication and personal responsibility as part of a global community
- One classroom visit from HI USA staff
- Five 50-minute lesson plans
- Facilitated in-hostel program where students prepare a meal and present their work to hostel guests from around the world
- Overnight accommodations for all participants and instructors
Who is eligible?
- Community-serving non-profits that work with Baltimore youth aged 15 and over
- Groups/organizations that support high schools students with a family income at or below the poverty line are encouraged to apply.
- Individual high school classes
HI Baltimore will award scholarships to four Baltimore youth groups to cover the full cost of participation in either this program. Each scholarship is valued at $2,000. Applications will be accepted until 1/15/2016.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address & Contact
Bus & Train tickets to Baltimore, MD
> Total Beds 44
> Front Desk Hours: 24 hours
> Check-in: Begins at 3:30 p.m.
> Check-out: 11:00 a.m.