Frequently Asked Questions
One of the main reasons people contact us is to ask questions about their planned group trip. Many ask similar questions, so to help you we have listed answers to these Frequently Asked Questions for your reference. However, these are only meant as a guide for your planning, should you have any additional questions or requirements not addressed here, simply submit these to our National Sales Manager at email@example.com.
- How many people are considered a group?
- Can I make an online reservation for my group?
- What are the benefits for booking a group reservation directly with the Hostel Sales Team?
- What are your terms and conditions?
- What do I do if my group wants to visit several US cities?
- How do I apply for a Group Membership?
How many people are considered a group?
In general, 8 or more people traveling together are considered "a group". If you have a smaller group and would like to book exclusive use of dorm rooms – you should contact the Hostel’s Sales Team directly.
Can I make an online reservation for my group?
No. Online reservations are for individual travelers. Any online rates you may find are for individual beds – and are not meant for groups of 8 or more people. Furthermore, exclusive use of dorm rooms and even being placed in the same dorm room –are not guaranteed through online reservations.
It is better that you do not attempt to book or pay for a group reservation online. Instead, you should contact your Hostel Sales Team to help determine your requirements. This will help ensure that your group's stay is as comfortable and trouble-free as possible. We will send you a reply with options and answers to your questions. You may also contact our National Group Sales Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Options for reserving exclusive use of dorm rooms (Available through the Sales Team ONLY)
- Clear explanation of reservation / cancellation terms and policies
- Itinerary assistance – including Hostel led tours and programming specifically catered to your interests
- Group luggage storage arrangements
- Facilitated group check in and check out
- Non Member fees are waived (a savings of $3/person per Night)
- Additional travel information and recommendations: directions, parking, meal planning, local attractions, etc
What are your terms and conditions?
The terms and conditions for group reservations may differ slightly at each hostel. Generally speaking – a signed contract and deposit are required to secure your group reservation. The balance will be do prior to arrival and deposits may be refundable up to a certain date prior to arrival. Specific terms will be provided by the Hostel Sales Team.
What do I do if my group wants to visit several US cities?
Please contact our National Group Sales Department with your questions, including destinations, group size and prospective dates at email@example.com.
How do I apply for a Group Membership?
This is easy – you can apply online for your complimentary Group Membership
Hostelling International USA is a nonprofit membership organization. Non-membership fees are $3/Night per person. BUT – these fees are waived for Groups!