NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
1. Eligibility: The Hostelling International USA (HI USA) "Travel Tat Hostel Giveaway" Contest is open to those who enter on the HI USA Instagram page and who are 18 years old or older as of the date of this entry. The Travel Tat Hostel Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. Employees of HI USA and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as Employees are not eligible to enter. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant ("You") agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of HI USA as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday, March 9 at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ending March 12 at 5:00 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by March 12th at 5:00 p.m. EST.
4. How to Enter: The Travel Tat Hostel Giveaway must be entered by submitting an entry according to requirements provided on the HI USA Instagram page. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of HI USA. You may only enter once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in order to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of HI USA.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest (the "Winner") will win a two-night stay for two people at either HI San Diego Downtown, HI Chicago, HI Boston, or HI San Francisco City Center hostels valued at $120. The prize is redeemable from March 19th, 2018 to June 30th 2018. Blackout dates apply. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by HI USA. No cash or other prize substitution shall by permitted except at HI USA's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HI USA to use Winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising or trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by HI USA's social media team. Winner will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram within five (5) days following the selection of Winner. HI USA shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise nonfunctioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries must be tasteful and void of nudity or suggestive images. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIALS RULE BY WINNER (AT HI USA'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Terms & Conditions: HI USA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond HI USA's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, HI USA may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by HI USA. HI USA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Terms and Conditions. HI USA has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, HI USA reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless HI USA and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant's participation in the Contest and/or their acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MARYLAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maryland having jurisdiction. Further, any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participant's actual out of pocket expenses. Participants further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is HI USA 8401 Colesville Road, Suite 600 Silver Spring, MD. 20910 USA
13. The Contest hosted by HI USA is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.