About Great Hostel Give Back
Through January and February, HI USA will offer groups FREE overnight accommodations in exchange for volunteer work in the surrounding community.
At HI USA, we believe in the power of travel to open minds and the power of community service to open hearts. Above all, we believe that these experiences should be rewarding – not costly. That's why each year in January and February, our Great Hostel Give Back Program offers groups of 8 or more an opportunity to receive one free night's stay (up to five nights) at a HI USA hostel for each day its members spend volunteering at least two hours in the community surrounding the hostel.
HI USA’s lounges, kitchens, and dining rooms ensure plenty of opportunities to connect with other travelers. We invite your group to join in with our free events, tours and activities to meet like-minded travelers and explore the hidden gems of the city.
Whether you are service group, a college group or just a group of friends wanting to visit somewhere new and give back to the community, apply now for the Great Hostel Give Back program and help us make the world a better place.
To be considered for the Great Hostel Give Back, groups must:
- Have at least 8 members
- Have a planned service opportunity in the local community surrounding the hostel
- Complete the online GHGB application
- Please Note: Groups who have previously participated in the program, and completed the program requirements, may reapply for this year’s program.
- Groups who did not fulfill the program requirements are ineligible to return for this year’s program
- Complete the online GHGB Application between now and February 15.
- A HI USA Staff member will review the application to ensure that groups have met the requirements and that hostel is available on the requested nights.
- Selection will be based on group eligibility, and hostel availability.
- Within two weeks, the group will be notified of acceptance into the program.
Please visit the Program Details section for detailed information about the eligibility requirements, application process, and program requirements.
For more information, please email us directly at email@example.com.