Cafe Franco at HI San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Serving Fresh Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner… with a View
Sitting pretty at the edge of Fort Mason, this cozy breakfast, lunch and light dinner spot in the Marina serves guests and San Franciscans in search of a reasonably priced coffee with a breathtaking view. Everything from the fresh salads and sandwiches to the coffee and irresistible baked goods are made using as many locally-sourced, sustainable ingredients as possible.
From noon onwards, diners can sip local beers and wine while taking in the idyllic views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. With complimentary Wi-Fi and a good soundtrack of laid-back tunes filling the air, this spot is perfect for those passing through the park or looking for a spot to do some remote work. Drop by for fun events, or to watch your favorite sports team play on TV while you mingle with travelers and locals!
Café Franco opened in 1993 and is named after long-time hostel employee Francesco Greco. The cafe operates under Hostelling International USA’s mission to build a more tolerant world through travel. By eating at our café, you’re also supporting our non-profit’s efforts to foster a deeper understanding of people, places and cultures through our hostels, travel scholarships, and education programs.
Breakfast and Light Fare
We are pleased to offer vegetarian (V) and vegan (VE) options.
- Veggie Breakfast Sandwich with Avocado, Tomato, Onion $3.75 (VE); On a croissant +.50
- Bacon Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon, Cheddar, Egg, Tomato $5
- Classic Breakfast Sandwich with Ham, Swiss, Egg, Onion $5; On a croissant +.50
- Toast $1.50 (V); + Egg $1
- Oatmeal with Walnuts and Dried Fruit $2.75
- Quiche of the Day – Meat or Veggie $4.50; +Side Salad $2.50
- Soup of the Day $4
- Salami Plate with Salami, Swiss, Crackers $4
- Hummus Plate with Homemade Garlic Hummus, Crackers, Cucumber $4 (V)
All of our sandwiches are toasted. Ask for our bread options. Enjoy a choice of chips or fruit.
- BLT with Bacon, Greens, Tomato, Mayo $7.50; +Avocado or Turkey $1
- Milano with Salami, Provolone, Roasted Red Peppers, Greens, Pesto $7.50; +Avocado $1
- Provocado (V) with Provolone, Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Garlic Hummus, Greens $7.50; +Turkey, Salami, or Tuna $1
- Hummus (V) $7.50; +Hard Boiled Egg, Turkey, or Salami $1; +Cheese .50
- Marina Club with Ham, Turkey, Bacon, Cheddar, Onion, Tomato, Greens, Mayo, Dijon $8.50; +Avocado or Salami $1
- Tuna Melt with Tuna, Provolone, Tomato, Onion, Greens, Mayo, House Vinaigrette $8; +Avocado or Bacon $1
- Grilled Cheese (V) with Cheddar, Butter $5; +Avocado or Meat $1
Salads served with House Balsamic dressing on the side. Can be gluten free without croutons. Enjoy a choice of chips or fruit.
- Nicoise with Tuna, Potato, Hard Boiled Egg, Tomato, Onion, Olives, Croutons $8; +Avocado or Bacon $1
- San Francisco with Spinach, Turkey, Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Croutons$7.50; +Hard Boiled Egg $1
- Cobb with Ham, Hard Boiled Egg, Bacon, Cheddar, Tomato, Onion, Croutons $8.50; +Avocado $1
- Super Food with Spinach, Apple, Onion, Walnut, Cranberry, Swiss, Croutons $7.50 (V); +Hard Boiled Egg, Avocado or Turkey $1
- Mediterranean with $7.50 (VE); +Hard Boiled Egg or Avocado $1
- Mason Salad with Greens, Tomato, Onion, Croutons $5 (VE); +Hard Boiled Egg or Meat $1
- Petite Mason with $3 (VE); +Hard Boiled Egg or Meat $1
Our coffee is organic and fair trade. Ask about our current iced and loose leaf tea options. To-go available for +$0.50.
- Drip Coffee $2
- Iced Coffee $2.50
- Espresso $2.25
- Macchiato $2.50
- Americano $2.50
- Latte $3.00
- Cappuccino $3
- Mocha $3.50
- White Mocha $3.50
- Loose Leaf Tea $2.50
- Iced Tea $2.75
- Chai Tea Latte $3.50
- Green Tea Latte $3.50
- Hot Chocolate $3
Beer, Cider and Wine
Beer, cider and wine are served daily from noon-close. All are locally sourced from California.
Beers on Tap
- Atom Splitter Pale Ale, Pine Street Brewery, San Francisco, CA $5
- Pine Street Seasonal, Pine Street Brewery, San Francisco, CA $5
- Scrimshaw Pilsner, North Coast Brewing- Fort Bragg, CA $5
- Great White (Witbier), Lost Coast Brewery-Eureka, CA $5
- Eight Ball Stout, Lost Coast Brewery-Eureka, CA $5
Bite Hard Apple Cider, Boonville Bite-Booneville, CA $6
- Chardonnay, Cypress Vineyards-Cypress, CA $7
- Pinot Grigio, Maggio Family Vineyards-Lodi, CA $6
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Dancing Bull, Sonoma, CA $7
- Echelon Pinot Noir, Echelon Vineyards, CA $6